Thursday, March 1, 2012

Jordan's Discussion #1

My first thoughts on chapters 1 to 5 were that they went through a lot. The chapter title I found was very misleading because it said 0 to age 6. I found they only really discussed pre birth and age 6. This confused me because I though they were maybe going be discussing how it was hard for him to grow up not having a real family and only having celia but they really just skipped to age 6. I hope this changes and they really discuss how he ages. Also it really tugged at me that he is so lonely when there are children around him and how he really is getting used to being alone. 


I look forward to the next few chapters because the titles are quite intriguing and they make me wonder what happens. I am almost excepting him to maybe get out of the room he is stuck in now and to move back to Celia's. Hope fully we will see more progression of the age and I am expecting him to return to more of him self. Honestly I can't wait to read the next few chapters and the next age group.

Farmer made some interesting choices in this chapter and age group. Some of them are very interesting choices that make sense and some that don't. I feel that the fact she went from age 0 to age 6 was sightly confusing because I didn't really know what age he was at I had to guess. I really did like the way she so briefly made his age 0 quite interesting but not to a point that it took many chapters to explain how he was born. The worst part though was when the story started after his birth he was just their. There wasn't any explanation to who the characters we're. The story just started and so did the progression of these two characters.

I personally did not enjoy this first age group very much and I hope it gets better as the book goes on...

By. Jordan. B

No comments:

Post a Comment